wtorek, 21 sierpnia 2012

7. A fairy tale about Kolobok, Tyumen, Russia

Hello everyone!

Today's postcard is very special, unique and one of my favourite:


I have received it on 17th October 2011 and it'd been sent on 23rd July 2011. Right, it travelled 95 days! This is a postcard for which I've been waiting the longest time so far. Totally worth it though :)

The picture shows a part of a fairy tale about Kolobok, a very popular one in Russia. I also found out that this tale has its versions in other countries. On the second side of the postcard there is a shorthen version of  "Kolobok", unfortunatelly all in Russian (what a surprise :p) but anyway, I'm going to write it down here. I don't speak Russian but my parents do a little and were able to read that, and Polish and Russian are quite similliar, so I didn't have a lot of problems with understanding:

Я от дедушки ушëл,
Я от бабушки ушëл,
Я от зайца ушëл,
Я от волка ушëл:
от тебя, Медведь, полгоря уйти.

In 'fonetic way' it would sound like this:

Ya ot dedushki ushël,
 Ya ot babushki ushël,
 Ya ot zaytsa ushël, 
Ya ot volka ushël:
 ot tebya, Medvedʹ, polgorya uyti

In English it'd be something like this: I've run away from Grandpa, I've run away from Grandma, I've run away from Hare, I've run away from Wolf, and from you, Bear [I'm not sure here--], I'd also run away.

Generelly, the tale is about Kolobok (a kind of bread or bun), which was baked by Grandpa and Grandma, and run away from them, because it doesn't want to be eaten. It meets some animals on its way and everybody wants to eat it too, so he runs away :P At the end a very sly Fox manages to catch it.

A whole fairy tale can be found THERE - in English :)

Hope you enjoyed this fairy tale!
Marta

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz